Industrial Maintenance Technician
Northern Iron and Machine in Saint Paul MN is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic for 2nd shift, and 3rd shift.
Do you enjoy troubleshooting and ensuring machine reliability?
Are you a reliable employee looking for an exciting career in a growing organization as a Maintenance Technician?
What’s in it for you?
- Steady Work
- Career in a high demand trade
- Competitive pay
- On the job training
- Holiday Pay
- PTO and Vacation
- Cohesive work / family balance
What are the hours and pay?
- 2nd shift 2:00 PM – 10:30 PM Monday – Friday (plus overtime as needed)
- 3rd Shift 10:00PM - 6:30AM Monday – Friday (plus overtime as needed)
- Starting Pay rate at $24.00 per hour and up to $35+ per hour depending on experience
What is the job?
- You will be completing preventative maintenance on a variety of equipment within the Foundry.
- You will troubleshoot problems as they arise throughout the workday and complete long-term projects throughout the organization.
- You will maintain and repair existing electrical infrastructure using drawings and blueprints.
- You will participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Operate in response to requests from the Facilities Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor and set priorities as required to maximize equipment runtime.
- In this position, you will troubleshoot and ensure machine uptime on overhead cranes, sand mixers, conveyors and other foundry equipment.
- You will Observe mechanical operations of equipment to detect deficiencies in operation.
- You will Inspect and test damaged machine parts.
- You will work with supervisors, production and other staff to determine a plan for repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities. . .
- You will Install, replace, or adjust machine components using manufacturer specifications and follow established mechanical practices.
- You will rig equipment to disassemble and assemble equipment using cranes and hoists and other rigging equipment, using safe methods and practices.
- You will follow written and verbal instructions provided for the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- You will complete documentation associated with the repair or preventative maintenance.
What do you bring to the job?
- A high school diploma and technical certificate are preferred
- Minimum of three years of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and overall machine troubleshooting experience.
- You must be able to work well and communicate with all functional departments within the company and outside vendors/contractors.
- You must have strong understanding of preventative maintenance procedures and associated documentation.
- You must have mechanical knowledge of machines and tools and their basic functions and operations
- You must be able to read prints for pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- You must have the understand of math required to make repairs, fabricate and maintain equipment
- You must be able to work as a team player with limited direction and guidance and have a well-developed sense of urgency.
- We are looking for Maintenance Technicians with High Voltage Electrical experience as well
Why should you choose NIM?
- Free training to upgrade your skills, including a tuition reimbursement program
- Medical, dental, vision within the first 60 days (first of the month following 30 days)
- Company paid disability & life insurance
- 401k (with match)
- Direct deposit
- Fixed weekly schedule
- Uniforms paid for by company
- Boot reimbursement
- Prescription safety glass reimbursement
- Plenty of growth opportunities
- You’ll be part of a family culture where your contributions are noticed and recognized
- Candidates will have to pass physical assessment and have a clear drug screen
Are you Interested?
Apply with us.
No agency calls or emails please.