Northern Iron and Machine is looking for a Production Manager.
Are you a proven manufacturing leader looking for a new and challenging opportunity? We are a foundry looking for a production manager / foundry coach.
You be responsible for assisting in managing the day-to-day flow of operations throughout the operations. You will be leading operations that are focused on lean as an enterprise solution, and must model those behaviors in day-to-day activities. You will be responsible for cross training and developing the Foundry Coaches as well as encouraging cohesive relationships between the operational functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Foundry Supervisors
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help Manage and direct all production and operation activity to ensure a safe work environment.
- Drive lean culture with a focus on continuous improvement and employee development.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and evaluate results.
- Create measures to routinely document, review, & trend process performance targets & misses.
- Optimize supply chain process
- Reduce maintenance downtime
- Implement & maintain a TPM program.
- Teach and emphasize the use of cause analysis, root cause solutions, and connections with improved performance.
- Passionate about lean as an enterprise solution and model the behaviors doing Lean in one’s own work.
- Exhibit intense commitment to focus on explicitly defining process and disciplined adherence to them.
- Set clear written expectations, regularly uses a process to track and follow up on actual accomplishment of assigned tasks.
- Talk about and promote a Lean future state.
- Eager to empower others in the area through structured ways to elicit and implement their ideas.
- Create measures to frequently document process performance and misses. Establishes regular, frequent review of process misses and trends over time.
- Teach and emphasize cause analysis, root cause solutions, and connections with improved performance.
- Ensure continuous business improvement according to benchmarks and standards.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, and evaluate company short-term and long-term operational performance.
- Understand and ensure that all company policies and procedures are enforced.
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, hire and handle employee problems / discipline when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 5 or more years of working with Lean Systems and 5 or more years of managing supervisors in a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Passionate about lean as an enterprise solution and models the behaviors by practicing lean in one’s own work.
- Exhibits intense commitment and focus on explicitly defining process as well as a disciplined adherence to those processes.
- Sets clear written expectations, using a defined process to track and follow up on accomplishment of assigned tasks
- Routinely communicates about and promotes a lean future state.
- Eager to empower employees improve their own areas through structured programs that are aimed at eliciting and implementing ideas.
- Demonstrate the company values of honesty, caring, improving, and success.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
Salary: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
Holidays and paid time off
Plenty of growth opportunities and MORE!
You’ll be part of a family culture where your contributions are noticed and recognized.
Northern Iron and Machine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
No Agency Calls or Emails please